Sunday, March 6, 2011

Moving




My landlord has decided that he's going to renovate my apartment so I have to move. Initially this news really pissed me off, I mean I went through the inconvenience of it being on the market. Having people going through several times a week & for 30 mins on weekends for this? The real estate agents assured the new owner that I was willing to stay on. And they assured me that the new owner would let me stay. But after raising my rent 3 times (the last time on my birthday!) in the 8 or 9 months since he's had ownership he's now decided that he wants more.
Recently though it's starting to look more like a blessing. My upstairs neighbours are a massive pain in the arse (actually anyone who's ever lived in that apartment has being nothing else). Thinking that the walkway outside my place is part of their apartment. Heaps of chairs, pot plants and various other hideous shit has appeared and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. They also spend a massive amount of time stomping/scraping/thumping/scratching/slamming/vacuuming. Mostly late at night. Then there are the young families that seem to have appeared from nowhere. Don't get me wrong I don't mind children, but I LOVE sleeping in. Sadly those two things do not gel there's also an annoying loud bloke who lives in the house behind me now. I am not a fan of loud people.
Anyway on to new digs.

No comments: