Sunday, December 28, 2008

Summer Reading




Ventured out into the sales today, picked up a few books for my summer reading.

- Gregory Maguires 'Wicked' (currently reading)
- Salman Rushdies 'Midnight Children'
- Leo Tolstoys 'Anna Karenina'
- Kenneth Grahames 'Wind in the Willows'
- Andrea Camilleri - Rounding the Mark'

Even though my bookshelf is overflowing I can't help myself. Seeing as I have a few free days coming up. Then when work starts again and train rides really need something to pass the time. Other than listening to people's inane conversations and looking at the same scenery day in day out. These should keep me busy for a while.

Enjoy your holidays, hope you have a great 2009!

1 comment:

Ricochet said...

Ooh, I haven't read that Camilleri yet. Tsk, now I'm going to have to go shopping.

I was reliably informed by the intro to a Hellboy or Transmetropolitan trade that the best/only way to read Watchmen is to read one chapter a night.
They were right too. It heightens the suspense and you feel like a kid with a bedtime story except you're reading it to yourself and there's more killing!